Hi,

I'm evaluating if a switch from JSF/OpenFaces to GWT would make things
easier and more reliable for a web app I'm working on. Currently it is
very hard to get the page to look the same in all broswer and even
behave the same. From what I read so far GWT sounds like it would make
this job easier. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

One problem that I would have in both technologies is printing a label
on a special label printer on the client pc.
For that I would want to send a data stream (generated by a server
module) directly to the printer connected to the machine displaying
the web frontend of the application. (printing of a "web page" is not
an option)

So is there a build in way to do this in GWT? So far I guess I will
need a signed java applet that would talk to the server and have
rights to access the printer on the client pc.
However I doupt I'm the first one to encounter this situation. So has
anyone done something like that before and if so how?