Alan,

Thanks as always for your courteous replies. I'm grateful for the efforts
the Google developers put into GWT, as any other enterprise building such a
framework would most certainly charge the Earth for it while also crippling
its functionality in exchange for customer lock-in. Google just makes great
software.

However, I work in a large enterprise where our GWT Community of Practice
group must make a case for why any new application should use GWT. It is
important to management to know the future of GWT and a roadmap is how this
is commonly done. While I don't personally think GWT will suffer from the
recent project pogroms at Google, a roadmap and rough release schedule will
lend greater confidence to others in the stability and longevity of the
framework needed before a company is willing to build multi-million dollar
projects with it.

If GWT retains buy-in at Google, I don't understand why such planning would
be detrimental to the GWT team. As I see it, such public planning will only
drive more companies and startups to join the GWT bandwagon.

Sincerely,
Joseph