Op zaterdag 19 mei 2012 09:34:24 UTC+2 schreef kritic het volgende:

> Regardless of what the GWT team says, I do believe GWT as it is now will
> be phased out. Don't get me wrong, I think the features that GWT provides
> are second to none and the work put into it has been nothing short of
> impressive, but it has to be recognized that it is also becoming a rather
> pain in lower back for Google simply because it uses Java. Seems odd, but I
> really think the whole thing with Android is leaving a bad taste. I really
> do think Java will become used less and less for future projects
> (especially GWT).

Java is the main language in many enterprise projects and runs on 70% of
the mobiles. So no, it won't go away. It is also the main course language
for computer science.

The way GWT is now, like I wrote already, will probably be shifted to
> something else. Dart is all the rage right now and it's nice, however it
> almost feels like an attempt to replace GWT. Golang (Go) is another
> language that is very well thought out and could conceivably replace Java
> within, at least, Google.

Dart is not going to be accepted by the other browsers. It is no standard
and has no real added value and you can't connect it easily to server side
code based on J2EE/EJB3.

GO, is a quick and hack language for prototyping. It is not going to
replace Java or C#.