I am having issues when I want to resubmit some requests to the server
when the server-side logic indicates it should happen.  In particular,
here's what happens:

1.  The user logins in, which causes an object (SurveyResponseHeader)
to be created on the server-side, and sent back to the client.  edit
is then called on the client side on that object.

2.  The user fills in a set of SurveyResponse objects into a list
contained by the SurveyResponseHeader object (and a corresponding
request is made to save the object on the server).

3.  The user submits the survey responses, but the session has timed
out on the server.  An error code is sent back to the client, and the
user is asked to re-authenticate.

At this point, I want to resubmit the request that caused the error;
it should succeed on the server now because the session has been
restarted.  However, I can't use the same request object because I'll
get the "request is already in progress" error message.

Rather than tell you everything I've tried, I'd like to hear what
people think is the right way to accomplish this.  I can provide more
details if needed, but I want to keep the description simple at least
to start.

Thanks,
Ryan