On 12/06/2012 23:58, CF wrote:
I have a basic GWT setup and we want to be able to use this:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgCustom from the UCSC genome browser group.

No luck when I tried it, all I get is an error message:
hashMustFindVal: 'db' not found

Basically, the form lets you upload a file or a url pointing to a file and you
end up with
a visualization of genomic data which can be found at a formatted url, eg:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?org=human&position=chr22&hgt.customText=http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/regulatory.txt
<http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?org=human&position=chr22&hgt.customText=http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/regulatory.txt>
where the hgt.customText parameter gives the location of your file.

Is there a way of doing this from GWT? Can I create the file in java and send
it to the
UCSC website somehow?
The end goal is to have the user provide information about chromosome number,
start and
end locations, etc., then create the file, and then send it to UCSC to show a
visualization on their website in a new tab.

You can create a file on your server, then provide it to the form you point to.
Actually, you can send directly a POST request with the form information and the content of your file (Mime-encoded) to the URL referenced in the form.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France