Thanks. Reading the Dictionary JavaDoc I thought this is the solution.

The problem is my JSON data string has an array with objects inside:

var CurrentTheme = {
  highlightColor: "#FFFFFF",
  shadowColor: "#808080",
  data: [{}, {}, {}]
 };

calling dictionary.get("highlightColor") works great but when I want to get
the string that makes up my data array it returns: [object Object],[object
Object],[object Object], ... etc ... ]

I guess I could work around this by escaping the data-array and thus turn
it into a string. Or is there a better solution?

I also need to add a module <inherits name="com.google.gwt.i18n.I18N"/> I
otherwise do not use if I want to use Dictionary.

I am wondering if there is perhaps some other way then Dictionary to easily
get a simple JSON-string into GWT without importing another module, writing
JSNI or escaping the JSON string?

Thanks,
Carsten