I once wrote a library of classes, and wrote a test program that exercised
a few of them.

Then I looked at the javascript generated in 'pretty' mode.  It was very
tiny, only the few methods I used where included, and many of the local
variables etc where removed through optimizations etc.  For the large
classes, they where reduced in size, to almost nothing... since I didn't
use the functionality, it was totally stripped out.   I was also surprised
to see my calculations that called various methods where often completely
replaced with a constant,  since my test program specified the inputs to
the methods, the compiler was able to calculate the result, and reduce it
to a single value...

It is very good at optimizing out what you don't use..

Mike.