Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your inputs. Unfortunately, we do
not have the privilege to use HTML5 and CSS3. As we may also have to
support IE8...

@Rob: I have looked into few of those sites. Mostly it is about
integrating drawing tools into our application.  I am not sure, how we
can use it in our applilcation.
First, can we integrate them along with GWT. Second, programmatically
draw the diagrams, give a Drag and Drop feature for the diagram,
handle connectors..etc.
It would be really great if we have suggestion with this design.

Now, I have looked into lib-gwt-svg API. But, using which we can draw
diagrams. But still, not enough documentation on how to make use of
api. If anybody has any resources or links which they can share would
be great.