One of the nice things about SuperDevMode in chrome is that as you step through
it in the chrome debugger, you can see exactly what the browser does and when
because the browser display updates as you step through your code. In other
words, if you want to know what's actually happening, you can use SuperDevMode
and step through it.

You should be able to work out how many rows are visible after you've rendered
it by getting the element for each row and finding its Y position compared to
the Y position of the scroller. Look at
com.allen_sauer.gwt.dnd.client.util.WidgetArea for clues as to how to do this
(this is a part of gwt-dnd here: http://code.google.com/p/gwt-dnd/)

Paul