On Friday I added the latest Chrome plugin to the Chrome Web Store. Try
installing it from there:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gwt-developer-plugin/jpjpnpmbddbjkfaccnmhnkdgjideieim

Also, for some reason, upgrading to the new plugin loses your preferences
for the hostnames that Dev Mode is allowed to connect to. So you'll have to
add them again. Sorry about that!

If it's not connecting and the toolkit icon on the right side of URL bar is
gray instead of red, click on the gray icon to pop up the dialog to add the
hostname.

An alternate way to get to the same options page:

1. visit chrome://chrome/extensions/
2. Find the entry for GWT Developer Plugin
3. Click on "Options".

- Brian