Well, that makes sense, I guess.  Granted, I don't know what size to
expect, thus the percentage :-).  I cannot just assume a PC browser, but
also need to plan for mobile devices.

There is a really good example out there (
here<http://rvsoni.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/gwt-datagrid-with-pagination-using-simple-pager/>).
  Maybe I should just rework my code to mimic this example more closely.
Maybe that will help me wrap my head around things.

It looks like my assumption was right: CellTable and DataGrid are not,
strictly speaking, interchangeable ( not without extra work ).  To bad.

Thanks.

Tony