Hi,

I am trying to debug a GWT app which is deployed on a Glassfish 3 server.
When I use gwt:debug from command line, everything works as expected.
However, I want to use it directly in Eclipse and therefore created a run
configuration with "Debug as -> Web application (running on an external
server)", where the args are:

"-war /home/.../workspace/project/.../target/admin -remoteUI
"${gwt_remote_ui_server_port}:${unique_id}" -startupUrl
http://my.remote.server/ -logLevel INFO -noserver -codeServerPort 9997
a.b.c.Application"

When I access a page, I get the following exception:

16:15:41.142 [ERROR] [a.b.c.Application] Generator
'com.google.gwt.user.rebind.rpc.ServiceInterfaceProxyGenerator' threw an
exception while rebinding 'a.b.c.services.AdminService'
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: isProdMode is only available from
GeneratorContextExt.
    at
com.google.gwt.core.ext.GeneratorContextExtWrapper.isProdMode(GeneratorContextExtWrapper.java:91)
    at
com.google.gwt.user.rebind.rpc.SerializableTypeOracleBuilder.logReachableTypes(SerializableTypeOracleBuilder.java:1496)
    at
com.google.gwt.user.rebind.rpc.SerializableTypeOracleBuilder.build(SerializableTypeOracleBuilder.java:843)
    at
com.google.gwt.user.rebind.rpc.ProxyCreator.create(ProxyCreator.java:306)
    at
com.google.gwt.user.rebind.rpc.ServiceInterfaceProxyGenerator.generateIncrementally(ServiceInterfaceProxyGenerator.java:60)
    at com.google.gwt.core.ext.GeneratorExt.generate(GeneratorExt.java:52)
    at
com.google.gwt.core.ext.IncrementalGenerator.generateNonIncrementally(IncrementalGenerator.java:40)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.StandardGeneratorContext.runGeneratorIncrementally(StandardGeneratorContext.java:657)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.RuleGenerateWith.realize(RuleGenerateWith.java:41)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle$Rebinder.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:79)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:276)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ShellModuleSpaceHost.rebind(ShellModuleSpaceHost.java:141)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebind(ModuleSpace.java:595)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:465)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:49)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:97)
    at a.b.c.Application.onModuleLoad(Application.java:37)
    at
    at
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:406)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:200)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:526)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

The project uses GWT 2.4, but I guess this wasn't an issue that was fixed
in 2.5, right?

Do you have any idea why this isn't working? I do have the GWT 2.4 SDK
installed and setup in Eclipse.

Cheers
Maik