On Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:32:44 PM UTC+1, Seamus McMorrow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for resurrecting a slightly old thread.
> JDK 1.6 is EOL end of this month, so I am thinking of migrating my GWT
> project to JDK7
>
> I am using GWT 2.5, and wondering if many people are using JDK7 in their
> GWT projects. Is it okay to do so and if so, what are the gotchas?

GWT 2.5 is fully compatible with JDK 7 (see
https://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/release-notes#Release_Notes_2_5_0_RC2
).
Just make sure you only use Java 6 constructs in your client code (in
Eclipse, Project properties → Java Compiler, set “JDK Compliance” to 1.6;
in Maven, set “maven.compiler.source” and “maven.compiler.target” to 1.6 or
6).