I invite you to contribute the java support 7. You can do this together
with your "teammates"
Why not?

It's all a matter of priorties, vote an issue in the issue tracker and it
will get a higher priority
Wouldn't it be nice that you could latter say that you were responsibly for
the jdk 7 support in gwt?