I'm running into the problem with Anchor widgets trying to reload the
browser when clicked... After searching the forums I've seen the various
workaround people are using but none seem applicable. Maybe someone has any
ideas?

What I have is a Composite that implements HasClickHandlers... This
Composite basically contains some textual display info and an edit link and
are created and added by its parent widget and presented to the user. As a
parent creates these composites it adds a click handler to them and to see
if the user hits the edit button.

Relevant code:

public class CategoryPromoLink extends Composite implements
HasClickHandlers {
   // constructor:
   CategoryPromoLink(String categoryDirectoryName, String
categoryDisplayName, String heading, String annotation, String startTime,
int rank) {

    this.categoryDirectoryName = categoryDirectoryName;
    this.categoryDisplayName = categoryDisplayName;

    this.heading = heading;
    this.annotation = annotation;
    this.startTime = startTime;
    this.rank = rank;

    this.initWidget(this.root);

    this.display = new InlineLabel("- " +
(categoryDisplayName.trim().equals("") ? "[UNKNOWN CATEGORY]" :
categoryDisplayName));
    this.root.add(this.display);

    Anchor edit = new Anchor("(edit)");
    edit.addClickHandler(new ClickHandler() {

      @Override
      public void onClick(ClickEvent event) {
        CategoryPromoLink.this.fireEvent(event);
      }

    });

    this.root.add(edit);

  @Override
  public HandlerRegistration addClickHandler(ClickHandler handler) {
    return this.addHandler(handler, ClickEvent.getType());

Works fine in all but IE, where when the "edit" anchor is clicked it tries
to reload page (in my case since i'm using GWT Activities with an
"onMayStop" implementation its asking the user if they want to leave or
stay on this page).

Should i not be using ClickHandlers and/or Anchors this way?

Thanks.