> Thanks for the reply, but it's actually the opposite. I got that error
> AFTER replacing the jars (including gwt-servlet.jar) and before I replaced
> the *.nocache.html and *.nocache.xml files with new *.nocache.html and
> *.nocache.js files.

Ah yeah somehow misunderstood it. So your server expects version 5 because
of the new gwt-servlet.jar and the client still sends version 2. That means
you have to recompile your application using GWT 1.5.

As you have done so, but the app does not load anymore, the first thing you
should check is if you have updated the <script> tag in your host page that
starts your app (not sure how GWT 1.2 works). The html/jsp file that should
load your app must contain

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"
src="/<path-to>/<https://groups.google.com/forum/5EC2773051957CA4458B4C52D76FF727.cache.js>
com.golfpartners.FindAPartner.nocache.js">

If you dont have that, your app won't start at all.

-- J.