I suppose Ed does not set the popup size explicitly and relies on the
intrinsic size of the content. And strangely getOffsetWidth() returns 0 so
the top-left corner is positioned at the center of the viewport (and then
only the popup gets its "actual" intrinsic dimensions, but it's too late;
but getOffsetWidth should have triggered a reflow AFAICT, this is why I
don't understand why it doesn't work)