> This is strange, I'd swear it used to work…
Could you please try this and see if you have the same result as me?

> I suppose Ed does not set the popup size explicitly and relies on the
intrinsic size of the content.
Yes, exactly, I don't calculate anything (just like the code shows). I
don't even see why/how I want to do this

>Also we calculate optimal wizard sizes before first showing the wizard
@Jens: what do you exactly mean by this? (how/why)
Doesn't CSS contain the w/h value's,  or doesn't this depend on your
content w/h.. (the intrinsic dimensions like Thomas mention)