> That would be an understatement :-)
>
> I am still positive that the bug triage disaster gets fixed because that
> is fundamental to the success of opensource. And I saw in the gwt-steering
> news group that they are going for some interesting roadmap, so I live in
> hope.
> I would love to contribute, but only if I can be sure that it will get
> accepted (most of the time).

In fact if GWT would have a really good issue tracker then the issue
tracker itself would give you a pretty good picture about the roadmap
(excluding "features" that are not related to source code).
I think the GWT team is happy about all contributions and if they pass the
code review I don't see an issue with accepting contributions. If an issue
isn't noticed but you have a patch ready then you should just "ping" on the
contributors group.

> I can not keep on defending the usage of GWT to my boss/company if we
> don't get some minimal feedback and support. I need to do a technology
> assessment right now, and I really don't know how to defend the choice
> right now.
> Some people have talked about AngularJS, Dart and other interesting
> technologies, but that is Google tech as well, so potentially subject to be
> scrapped much faster than what we like.

Totally understandable.  Especially if your boss asks "How many open issues
does GWT have?" and you must answer "~2600" :-) Maybe its worth it to kick
the current issue tracker, create a new one and asking people to resubmit
their issues if they feel its worth it and the GWT version isn't too old.
Issues you loose that way will be resubmitted sooner or later by others.
Cleaning up the current issue tracker is probably to much work.

-- J.