Hi all,

I am working on a fairly complex GWT app, the primary target browser being
an SQLite powered one (with Chrome being the recommended one).

When the application is running idle in the browser, after an undefined
period of time (usually after 1-2 hours) the browser tab in Chrome crashes
(showing the "Aw, snap"). This happens in Opera as well, but not Safari
(although Safari on Windows is discontinued anyway). And also to be noted -
this only happens in Windows, on the Mac OS X the app can run for as long
as necessary.

I know Chrome had some issues with the GPU drivers under Windows, so I have
tried many different options in Chrome - turning off sandbox, reduced GPU
sandbox, no GPU, even ran it in safe mode with networking, but nothing
seems to help - the app would inevitably crash.

First I thought it was a browser issue, but after seeing the crash in Opera
as well (plus, all other websites seem to work normally), I eliminated that
possibility and am fairly confident that something inside GWT triggers it.

I have enabled logging and crash reporting in Chrome, installed Sawbuck,
and went through heaps of log messages, but cannot find a pattern. After
the app goes idle, only the Chrome updater and SafeBrowsingCheck messages
(tried to turn that off as well) are showing up, with nothing coming out
just before the crash.

I do not have any Scheduler activities in the background.

The only thing I can think of is that we moved to GWT 2.5.1 recently (from
2.5.0), so we are going to revert back and deploy to another test server to
see how it goes, but I would not hold on to that as a long term solution
even if it "solves" our problems.

This is a deal breaker for the app and any help or guidance would be highly
appreciated.