Hi Jens, thank you for your reply.

I did not know Opera started using V8, things make more sense now! Anyway,
as an act of desperation we have started compiling older revisions of the
code and testing them to see if they show the same behaviour. And we found
one which works normal! So now we are going revision by revision and doing
witch hunting, to try and isolate the malicious piece of code.

Once we have that figured out, I will file an issue on the right tracker,
given it is not a human error. Will post an update once we track it down.