Hi,

I needed to extend the XML Document Object Model so as to have an in-memory
XML document object model representation ( in the client side). My
requirement is to have the normal Document functions like - getElementById,
getElementByTagName etc as well as to implement application specific
methods in my subclass.

I am looking for something similar to :-
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28391/oracle/xml/parser/v2/XMLDocument.html

However, I didn't find anything suitable - either within GWT or external
libs.

I don't want to store an object variable of type
com.google.gwt.xml.client.Document in my class. And neither can I extend
com.google.gwt.xml.client.impl.DocumentImpl.

So kind of hit a wall - is there any other suitable way to implement my
requirements?

Regards.