I have to support the deployment of additional modules in order to
dynamically extend my employer's GWT application, adding new features or
customizing the existing ones.
I mean *something like a plugin system which dynamically loads and executes
new code deployed at any point of time*.

The basic application is composed by several logical modules: they are
compiled together and make heavy use of GIN and DFN code splitting.
So I'm looking for a way to make the additional modules coexist with the
basic application, hence supplying additional features *within the same
HTML host page* of the original application.

At server side I have a Spring web MVC application. In order to deploy the
additional modules it is acceptable having to restart the web application
(if needed), while it is not acceptable having to redeploy the entire war
application. i.e. I could introduce some dedicated controllers to serve
contents from additional modules at the appropriate URIs.

I'd like to know:
  1) is there *any well established pattern for this kind of scenario?*
  2) is there any certainty that compiling two modules separately then I
can run them into the same HTML host page without any clash? i.e. separate
GWT compiler executions on separate modules could generate globally-scoped
javascript variables with the same name?
    2.a) if I can compile them separately, then I should find a way to make
the two applications communicate, potentially sharing references of object
managed by GIN. Is it feasible?
    2.b) if I cannot compile them separately, then is there any alternative
to recompile them before the deploy? i.e. did anyone successfully integrate the
GWT compiler or the superdevmode at the server side for production uses?