On Friday, October 25, 2013 7:10:52 AM UTC+2, Akshay Lokur wrote:

> Hey Thomas,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.
> Could you please let me know, how can I catch the exception which
> form.submit() throws? A small code snippet would be great to understand.

try {
  formPanel.submit() {
} catch (Throwable t) {
  // oops!
}

Obviously won't works if you use a SubmitButton rather than calling
.submit() yourself, or the user manages to submit the form via the native
browser handling of the enter key rather than clicking your button.
Needless to say: this is fragile and is therefore not a "solution" to the
problem. My recommendation is to use a SubmitButton rather than a Button
with a ClickHandler that calls submit, just because clicking the button is
not the only way to submit the form anyway. So you'd better try to find
another way of detecting the "problem".
(using Flash or Silverlight in IE8 might be better, and HTML5 APIs in other
browsers which give you complete control/feedback on what happens)