I don't see what you're talking about in the error printout, but do see a
bunch of other things.  One thing I found out the hard way is that you
can't serialize a sublist - I have always assumed that it contains ties
back to the original list, which would cause issues when serializing (like
the framework would have to send the whole list anyway because of the
back-link to it).

So, there may be other problems that are causing the initial problem, and
then not-so-clear error messages implying something else.

Also, if I was going to have an Object field, I would type it as
Serializable instead.