Hello,

according to
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=8378 source-level
debugging without Super Dev Mode should be possible. The mentioned
-saveSource and -saveSourceOutput flags are included in the 2.6.0 release
and work as expected. Chrome debugger finds the json files and downloads
the sources.

However, trying to set a breakpoint fails. It only flickers and disappears
completely immediately after clicking (they are gone, no repositioning as
seen in Super Dev Mode). After some reflection it came to my mind that
there could be problems related to codesplitting. I searched the web but
couldn't find any specific information about restrictions in this
environment. Super Dev Mode doesn't produce fragments and doesn't have the
problem. Our project has 6 fragments. After commenting out
"GWT.runasync..." debugging works even in the production build.

Is this a known issue or did I just miss something from the docs? Since
it's an intranet application I don't have to use codesplitting although it
would be nicer.

Best regards
Klemens Schrage

As a note: It was a bit difficult to find out the right value for
"includeSourceMapUrl". I ended up with
"sourceMaps/__HASH___sourceMap__FRAGMENT__.json" while copying the *.json
files found in "<modulename>/symbolMaps" to war/sourceMaps. Just in case
someone else is having similar problems.