We have a fairly large single GWT project that we feel has out-grown itself
at this point.  It's setup in a way where we could split it out into a
collection of smaller projects (though this is not a simple task).  What
I'm looking to find out: does compile time of large GWT projects scale
linearly with the size of the project?  Meaning, if we do split the project
up into a bunch of smaller chunks, would we really save much during the
compile process?

We're running GWT 2.4.0 with a collection of various libraries (GXT2.2.5,
GXT3.0.6, GWTP, and other goodies).