We have initiated work on the ETL ADD at UMN and wondering how the counts
are being generated for the encounter type.

Does there need to be consistency in our definition and mapping to each of
the PCORI CDM encounter categories?( AV = Ambulatory Visit, ED = Emergency
Department, IP = Inpatient Hospital Stay, IS = Non-Acute Institutional
Stay, OA = Other Ambulatory Visit and others)

For the Epic sites, we could select certain encounter types to map to of
the categories listed and thats the approach we started out with...

However, in looking at the PCORI- Annotated-Data
Dictionary/heron_to_pcori.csv on bitbucket and the hierarchy on babel for
KUMC it appears the ADT_PAT_CLASS is being mapped to the PCORI CDM
encounter categories.

What is the standardized way to define the encounter type in order to
generate counts across all sites?

Thanks and Regards,

Supreet

Regards,