Hi all,

In reviewing the notes I realized that I never responded to the first question
for Cerner around integrating research into the clinical workflow. From a
Cerner perspective, we have a few solutions that do this, including
PowerTrials, Discovere, and our new OnCore interface that works with
PowerTrials. PowerTrials is a solution for entering protocols and recruiting
patients for a study, and includes an indicator in the banner bar of each
patient's chart who is on a trial, to alert all clinicians that encounter that
individual's chart. PT allows researchers to manage accrual, recruit patients
for studies, and includes a "Clinical Research" tab in the primary chart that
is dedicated to the available clinical trials at the institution as well as
gives providers the ability to check what trials a patient might be eligible
for. Eligibility screenings are built into the Cerner Millennium system via
Discern Rules that can be designed to logically evaluate the
inclusion/exclusion criteria for
  a study within a patient's chart, or across the entire patient population.

The newest development with PowerTrials, since it is not a full CTMS within
Millennium, is our OnCore interface, which we have established with our alpha
client and are now prepared to implement more broadly. We've been working
closely with Forte to establish that relationship, and one of our folks, Ryan
Moog, is actually at Forte today discussing the next steps for improving that
interface and making the implementation more repeatable across clients.

Let me know if I need to update the notes and re-send the pdf.

Thanks,

Nate Apathy
Program Manager, Cerner Research