Hi Alex,
How one quotes informatics work is often discussed at AMIA and AMIA-CRI in
hallways about each others business model successes/failures but probably not
easily amenable to resolution during the hackathon.

That said, I can see concrete work we need to do for this contract:

- For right now, we listed mini sentinel as an hourly effort an places put in
their price quotes per hour.

- I was talking with Bob Greenlee and Jim McClay about how we set prices,
largely hourly, for GPC work to answer queries, conduct analysis etc last week.
 Right now, that’s the model I see in the short term (next couple years)
outside % effort we might budget for phase 2 at sites.

I mainly need to know from the PI’s can they take work that way hourly.  If
yes, what the rates would be for GPC work for non-profit right now (will tackle
for profit later)

Then we need to talk about is that best done where we take credit cards here in
KC and then send you checks monthly on subcontracts or something else to route
the money around efficiently.  I think the investigator and PCORI would want
the convenience of one credit card transaction.  Steve probably just needs to
check with everybody’s finance types for their informatics sections.

Russ

On Nov 24, 2014, at 3:27 PM, Alex Bokov