From: Green, Timothy A. [green...@health.missouri.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 1:54 PM
To: Thomas Mish; Dan Connolly; Mosa, Abu S.
Cc: McNeeley, Todd A.; <gpc-dev@listserv.kumc.edu>
Subject: RE: Gather 2015 4th quarterly QA results

Tom, thanks.  We’ve not yet started doing anything related to making it neutral
with regards to location of patient attributes.  It’s a tall order…I’ve taken a
look at the way the i2b2 service layer builds it’s queries.  It’s fairly
complex object oriented code that will be hard to adapt to straight SQL I think.

I think we will approach the first round with some hard coded queries against
patient_dimension.

Dan:

This statement returns no results:
select v.VARIABLE_NAME ,count(distinct o.PATIENT_NUM) as RESULT
  into #Q4_2015_GPC_QA_ACTIVE_TMP
  FROM I2B2Data.Q4_2015_GPC_QA_VAL_LIST v
        JOIN I2B2Data.CONCEPT_DIMENSION c on (c.CONCEPT_PATH like
v.CONCEPT_PATH_OR_CODE or c.CONCEPT_CD like v.CONCEPT_PATH_OR_CODE)
        JOIN I2B2Data.OBSERVATION_FACT o on o.concept_cd = c.concept_cd
        JOIN  #Q4_2015_GPC_QA_ACTIVE_PATIENT p on p.patient_num = o.patient_num
        where v.POPULATION = 'Active'
        and v.QUERY_TYPE = 'COUNT PATIENT'
        group by v.variable_name;

We of course do have patients in our database, but this query assumes the
information of interest is in observation_fact when it is in fact in
patient_dimension in our database.

Regarding the ontology mapping, what I got from the instructions was to map our
concept paths into the Q4_2015_GPC_QA_VAL_LIST file so it would return results.
 Am I to understand that we should not be mapping our ontology paths to the
Q4_2015_GPC_QA_VAL_LIST, but instead alter our metadata in i2b2 to match that
which is in the base Q4_2015_GPC_QA_VAL_LIST file?