Hi Dave,

More questions!

I'm copying gpc-dev so we can all learn together. Before you reply all, note
the public archive http://listserv.kumc.edu/pipermail/gpc-dev/

I'm working with Maren and Sravani on this stuff. Joining on zip code was
straightforward: we used the zcta5 column of
acs_20135a/zcta_860/ge.00_file.dat.gz.

But now we're trying to join on tract and census block. What columns of
acs_20135a/blck_grp_150/ge.00_file.dat.gz and
acs_20135a/tract_140/ge.00_file.dat.gz should we use? What are their primary
key columns? Which documentation would  tell us this?

BLKGRP looks like a single-digit number; it's clearly not a unique key to the
blck_grp_150 data.

TRACT is a bigger number, but it's not a unique key to tract_140 either. It
seems to be unique within state, though. Is that right? Should we join TRACT_ID
and ST_ABRV from geocoded_kumc.txt with TRACT and STUSAB of tract_140?

Have any other GPC sites figured this out yet? MU? UTHSCSA?

For reference, these are the columns of our kumc_geocoded.txt data:

        'OID,Join_Count,TARGET_FID,Loc_name,Status,Score,Match_type,'
        'X,Y,Match_addr,DISP_LON,DISP_LAT,SIDE,'
        'ARC_Address,ARC_City,ARC_State,'
        'ARC_Zip,ADDRESS,CITY,STATE,ZIP,New_X,New_Y,ID,BLOCK_ID,'
        'FIPSST,FIPSCO,FIPSSTCO,TRACT_ID,ST_ABRV,CO_NAME,ST_NAME

context:
https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/140
https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/350

--