We are working on the requirements for Dr. Brimhall's GPC Pilot project and
wanted to know how feasible it would be / the best way to design for sites to
connect lab results to the panels that were used to order them. E.g. Complete
Blood Count (CBC)  was used to order a Red Blood Cell Count (RBC).

Because there can be multiple instances of the RBC in relation to the CBC (for
repeating labs) I'm not sure if we could match the instance numbers. We've
halfway decided on sticking an arbitrary linking value into an unused field on
Obs Fact like Location_cd or the clob.

Or would it be easier to add a column to CDM's Lab Results table?

He hasn't yet decided if I2B2 or CDM would be the best way to approach this
since the data he needs is not yet in CDM.

We'd love to get some input from other sites!

Thank you,

Laura Manuel
Software Engineer- Senior - Clinical Informatics Research Division
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio