On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Ozan Yerli <oye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running gPXE on a VirtualBox machine. I wanted to implement a
> login system, but I believe I have encountered a bug.
>
> To replicate the bug you can issue the following commands:
>
> dhcp net0
> login
> (Write asdfgh as username, leave the password empty. Leaving the
> password empty is important.)
> sanboot iscsi:192.168.1.1::::iqn.test
>
> I get the error:
> Could not attach iSCSI device: Invalid argument (0x1c0d6002)
> Could not boot from iscsi:192.168.1.1::::iqn.test: Invalid argument
> (0x1c0d6002)
>
> If you do not leave the password empty, everything works fine, that's
> why I think it is a bug. It should be related to the password field.

I don't believe this is a bug. The iSCSI CHAP protocol doesn't handle
empty passwords well; in fact, some systems (such as Windows) will
refuse to authenticate with anything less than a 12-character
password. Are you trying and failing to authenticate with a system
that actually uses a required username and a blank password?

-- Josh