Gene Cumm wrote on 10/10/10 10:12 PM:
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 19:53, Marty Connor <m...@etherboot.org> wrote:
>> Hi Gene,
>>
>> Surely you didn't mean to send this request to the entire gPXE mailing list.
>
> Correct.  I should have been more careful when adding connections to
> accounts recognized by my address book.  I apologize for this mistake.

No worries.  I meant it more as a heads-up than anything.

> Two ideas.
>
> 1) Marty, by the looks of it, you have a LinkedIn account and have
> gpxe@etherboot.org listed as the primary email.  Changing this email
> would of course change this behavior.

Actually, after a bit of web searching, I found this:

   http://blog.linkedin.com/2007/10/05/the-role-of-an/

And somehow (and I'm sure I didn't do it intentionally) I had a number
of bogus secondary "confirmed" email addresses in my linked-in settings,
most of which are mailing lists.

I wonder if this statement is related:

   "If a friend sends you an invitation at an email address that is not
registered with your LinkedIn account, you may inadvertently create a
new account with that email address."

Since I only barely use linked-in, and only joined because other people
asked me to, I feel like it's becoming more trouble than it is worth.

I've deleted the extra email accounts, and hopefully we will not be
seeing more junk mail of this sort.

> 2) I'm not sure if Mailman can do it but filtering based on the
> inbound IP address, DNS name or other distinguisher to direct traffic
> from LinkedIn to be moderated or moved directly to your personal
> account.

I'll take a look.  We used to require people to be members of the list
to post to it, which caught a lot of this kind of spam, but it also made
it hard(er) for people to ask questions or contribute patches and bug
reports, so we have tried loosening things up a bit, in general.

Thanks for your help, Gene.  I was wondering what was causing this.

/ Marty /