from the ROM script, e g:

> dhcp net0
> chainload http://urania/genconf.php?IP=${net0/ip}
>
> And extend the CGI script to use the IP variable:
>
> <?php
> header ( "Content-type: text/plain" );
> $ipaddr = $_GET['IP'];
> # ...
> # ... use the supplied IP address to figure out the closest
> webserver and nfsroot, set $closest_web and $closest_nfs # ...
> echo "dhcp net0\n";
> echo "initrd http://$closest_web/initrd.gz\n";; echo "kernel
> http://$closest_web/vmlinuz boot=casper toram netboot=nfs
> nfsroot=$closest_nfs:/export/trubuntu -- boot\n"; ?>
>
> See http://etherboot.org/wiki/commandline for more info.

I'll correct that myself, some missing lines, copy/paste errors and line
breaks messed up by mail client(?).

The embedded script:

#!gpxe
dhcp net0
chain http://urania/genconf.php?IP=${net0/ip}

The CGI script (genconf.php):

<?php
header ( "Content-type: text/plain" );
$ipaddr = $_GET['IP'];
# ...
# ... use the supplied IP address to figure out the closest webserver
and nfsroot, set $closest_web and $closest_nfs
# ...
echo "#!gpxe\n";
echo "dhcp net0\n";
echo "initrd http://$closest_web/initrd.gz\n";;
echo "kernel http://$closest_web/vmlinuz boot=casper toram netboot=nfs
nfsroot=$closest_nfs:/export/trubuntu -- boot\n";
?>

Mail client and/or mailing list software may massacre line breaks.

Cheers,
Daniel