Today I had a chance to test and implement David's suggestions.

It worked well for what I wanted if I do single boot, however I couldn't
get the multi-boot menu to work.

So my gpxe.conf looks like this:

#!gpxe
chain vesamenu.c32 multibootmenu.conf

The station tries to switch graphics mode for a second and reboots.

I guess that's because (vesa)menu.c32 of Syslinux couldn't find
multibootmenu.conf (or whatever file it was supposed to read as its
argument). I placed multibootmenu.conf and (vesa)menu.c32 in the same
directory as gpxe.conf (which is hard-coded to the ROM).

I wonder if there are tricks to make (vesa)menu.c32 to be able to read
multibootmenu.conf. I used vesamenu.c32 from syslinux 4.01.
--
Huan Truong
Truman State Univ.