Johnny Stenback <jst <at> jstenback.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> Sorry, I'm new to this list and thus not able to reply to the existing
> thread about this issue. I just ran into this issue as well, where I can
> confirm the gpxe attempts to connect to the iscsi target (as in, if I
> make the name incorrect it knows the target doesn't exist), but fails to
> do so with the error "Could not initialize iSCSI device: Input/output
> error (0x1d704039)".
>
> I'm using a Fedora 12 system as my iscsi server, running tgt-admin (from
> scsi-target-utils-1.0.1-2.fc12.x86_64) to set up my target (happens to
> be a file, not a real disk).

gPXE may report Input/output errors when using OpenSolaris as an iSCSI server,
when it attempts to access the iSCSI target while OpenSolaris is still doing
thick allocation of the target data blocks. If Fedora's iSCSI implementation
is similar, it could be the same pb.

I hit this issue and it took me a while to figure out the cause:
http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=41

-mrb