Hi Shao,

Thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that I meant "drive 0" in the context of Windows
disk drive numbering. My goal is to boot a system from an iscsi target
without disrupting the disk drive numbers of the internal hard drives.
For example, if I have one internal hard drive, I want to see it
detected as Disk 0 whether I boot from it or from the iscsi target. If I
boot from the iSCSI target, I want to see the iscsi target as drive 1,
not 0. Currently, the iSCSI drive would become Disk 0 and push the
internal drive to Disk 1.

I think the PnP enumeration process in Windows has some relationship
with the BIOS drive numbering. Could you please point me to some
in-depth documentation regarding the BIOS drive numbering and how int13
is used?

Thanks again,

Binh Kien Thai