*"deployment occurs from an iSCSI Windows image, which currently changes the
numbering of the internal hard drives and this causes the captured images to
be deployed to the wrong drives."*

Oh hrm... you may want to read the Technet post I linked in the previous
email.  I tried to do *precisely *that and it didn't work because Windows
Setup won't image a drive that doesn't have an ARC path.  I thought I'd get
sneaky and wrote a patch to gPXE to allow booting from SAN without writing
an iBFT (to prevent WinPE from *ever* seeing the iSCSI device), but the INT
13 hook still messed up my ARC paths.

Curiously, if you're not deploying a custom Windows Setup but are instead
doing imaging directly via ImageX or some other tool, you could likely get
away with it quite easily.  /Perhaps/ you could try a build of gPXE that
prevents iBFT creation, and get away with not having an ARC path on the
disk, as your imaging utility shouldn't care.  However, you might also have
better luck with ARC paths on your system in general than I did... maybe an
INT 13 hook won't mess them up.

Regards,
Andrew Bobulsky