I'm trying to use gpxe for a process that need to boot an ISO image to
upgrade systems.
The systems are scattered all over the world and don't have an internet
connection.
For the most part I have remote access to these machines with remote
consoles.

I would like to be able to use grub to load gpxe pointing to the script that
got
loaded into memory by grub as it's initrd file.

Since these machines all have different addresses and the networks that the
machines
are on don't have DHCP, I need to code the static IP and the static web
server addresses
in during the install of gpxe.

So how do I get gpxe to execute a script that is in memory or
append a new script to gpxe without the full source.

Here is the things I have tried.
Grub entry.
title gpxe network boot
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /gpxe.lkrn
        initrd /config.gpxe

Tries:
rom-o-matic without any options
Same as above but move the /config.gpxe to kernel line
rom-o-matic with single line script "imgexec" leaving the initrd line in
grub

None of these work.  I can and have gotten gpxe to boot via network but I
don't
have that option in the field where I have to upgrade the machines.

My google searching found one promising post about a patch but it seems that
patch
didn't make it into the code.
http://markmail.org/message/mbd2ettqly5btb7v#query:launch%20gpxe%20from%20grub+page:1+mid:tcxo6klsz7rqyind+state:results