I tried creating a ROM to flash my Intel PRO/1000 MT NIC with gPXE a wireless
boot but I get stuck at creating a Boot Disk. I configured it on Ubuntu 11.
Below are the steps I use/d:

    lspci
    02:06.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 02)
    lspci -n -s 02:06.0
    02:06.0 0200: 8086:100e (rev 02)
    #etherboot :http://etherboot.org/
    <gpxe1user> gpxebot: lspci 8086:100e
    <gpxebot> e1000_82540

I downloaded the gpxe src and compiled it. I can create working ISO's with it
and can boot wirelessly with an embedded script. I used a CD. Now I want to
flash the ROM on my NIC with this
 script.

cd Downloads/gpxe/src
make bin/8086100e.rom EMBEDDED_IMAGE=wireless.gpxe

    wireless.gpxe file contents:
    #!gpxe
    set net0/ssid MYWIFIAP
    set net0/key MYWIFIKEY
    autoboot

cp bin/8086100e.rom bin/8086100e.iba
# This is done to refresh with a clean "dosboot.img"
cp /home/myfolder/Downloads/dosboot.img .
mcopy -i dosboot.img bin/8086100e.iba ::
# IBAUtil.exe was automatically extracted when I downloaded PROBOOT.exe
mcopy -i dosboot.img /home/myfolder/Downloads/APPS_intel/IBAUtil.exe ::

For USB stick, do this:
    sudo dd if=dosboot.img of=/dev/sdc1

    USB stick contents:

    8086100e.iba
    AUTOEXEC.BAT (0 bytes)
    COMMAND.COM
    CONFIG.SYS (0 bytes)

  IBAUtil.exe
    KERNEL.SYS

For CD, do this, then burn ISO:
    mkisofs -b dosboot.img -o dosboot.iso dosboot.img

    CD contents after burning the ISO:

    boot.cat
    dosboot.img

Neither USB stick nor CD work when booting. The screen is just black with a
blinking underscore. I've tried them both on several machines. What can I do to
get around this?

Thanks, JC