Hi All,

I am using some etherboot code on an existing system with two NICs. One is a
built in 10/100 on an ETX processor board, and the other is an additional
10/100 NIC connected to the same processor. Both NICs are used in an embedded
system to talk to a host computer, offering redundancy if one link goes down.
The etherboot code contains the driver for the two NICs and has been working
very well.

The system is now upgrading to a 10/100/1000 NIC, so as a test, I have
downloaded the relevant driver from ROM-o-matic, and this works fine.

What I am finding, though, is that if there is no connection on either NIC, the
two NICs timeout and the processor stops with the "DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT
SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" message. With the old etherboot code the processor
reboots if the NICs timeout, so someone connecting/fixing cabling to the NICs
after power-on isn't a problem.

Is it possible for the boot code to reboot the processor, or retry booting if
the NICs timeout?
Also, in order to reduce boot time, is there a way to reduce the current
timeout of 14s per NIC?

Many thanks for any help you can give,

Jonathan