Good day, guy.

Your config-file LABEL doesn't seem right.  The LABEL should reflect the
name of the item that you are booting.  You have already booted gpxelinux.0
and it is gpxelinux.0 that reads the config-file, so "LABEL gpxelinux"
doesn't make a lot of sense.  I'd suggest using "LABEL winxp", since that is
what you are booting from gpxelinux.0.

Back to your problem, is there any reason why you are not using MEMDISK,
instead of GRUB4DOS?  Please try it and see if there's any difference:

  LABEL winxp
    KERNEL http://192.168.100.254/memdisk
    INITRD http://192.168.100.254/MiniXP350.vhd
    APPEND raw

Also note that "Later, grub.exe will map the vhd image into memory" is
incorrect.  gpxelinux.0 is the program that maps the VHD into memory in your
current scenario.  GRUB4DOS establishes a very simple mapping of BIOS drive
0x80 to the already-mapped VHD image.

Also: Why are you calling your image a VHD?  If it can be booted by GRUB4DOS
in the way that you've described, the image is basically just a
sector-by-sector disk image.  There's no need to confuse things by calling
it a VHD.

- Shao Miller