Hi,

On 7/14/06, Christophe Lombart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok I think there are some confusions here - sorry !

No problem, it's me who is being confused. There are so many
components at various levels in the SVN source tree that I'm having
problems identifying the overall structure. The "Directory Layout"
page on the web site is great help, adding perhaps a dependency graph
would make it even better.

if you check the OCM unit tests (/components/src/test), this is not
mandatory to implements a specific interface and/or a specific ancestor
class. You are free to defined your own.

OK, below is a snippet from one of the test cases:

   Folder folder = modelService.createFolder();
   folder.setCreationDate(new Timestamp(System.currentTimeMillis()));
   folder.setLastModified(new Timestamp(System.currentTimeMillis()));
   folder.setName("folder1");
   folder.setUri("/graffitotest/folder1");
   modelService.addFolder(folder);

What is the "folder" instance in this case? Is it a plain data object
or an adapter to an underlying folder concept?

Can I implement my own Folder class and pass instances of it to the
persistence layer?

   Folder folder = new MyFolder();
   modelService.addFolder(folder);

When I retrieve that folder from the persistence layer, will it still
be an instance of the MyFolder class?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

--