Edgar,

Thanks for the clarifications.

Running the process is responsability of the BPM engine, the jcr
implementation wouldn't be responsible of running the process, it
would be responsible only of storing the process definitions and
process instances.

Yes I know but when you are coming in some states, the BPM engine can
start automatically some scripts. So, I was just wondering what kind
of API we can use.

> > great!. btw, It's probably a good example for trying to integrate both
> > approaches.
> >
> the approach is quite different. We are using the Graffito API.

btw, the graffito api will be extended with workflow capabilities?

Yes. This is just a prototype with a very simple workflow API.

what engine, if any, are you using in the contribution?.

By default it uses Osworkflow for mainly licence issues and it is a
easy workflow engine.
if possible, I would like to give the flexibilty to plug any kind of
workflow engine.
JPBM is very interesting but I'm not sure that we can use it in the
ASF due to some licence issues. We can review this point.

--
Best regards,

Christophe