On 9/6/06, Jukka Zitting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

On 9/6/06, Edgar Poce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/6/06, David Sean Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Wondering why the two jars must go in endorsed directly, and not in the
> > WEB-INF/lib directory.
>
> I'm not sure :(, I think I read in jackrabbit mailing list that it was
> the right way to go but I didn't investigate further. It was just a
> quick fix to make it work. with java 2 jackrabbit worked without
> problems, but in java 5 those libraries were removed and some problems
> araised.

See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-46 for the background.
Java 5 uses the core classloader to load the TransformerFactory
implementation specified in the javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory
property. This is why the class needs to be in the endorsed directory
instead of the normal classpath location if you want to use another
transformer than the one included by default in Java 5. For Jackrabbit
the problem was that our XSL transformation was using features not
included in the default compiling transformer implementation in Java
5.

Not having looked at the issue here I'm not sure if the same thing
applies. Just reacting to Edgar's comment. :-)

I think it does apply, thanks for the info.

br,
edgar

BR,

Jukka Zitting