Am 28.08.20 um 12:09 schrieb Snehal Shekatkar:
> Hi Tiago,
>
> From the documentation of deg_sampler: "This function is called once per
> vertex, but may be called more times, if the degree sequence cannot be used
> to build a graph."
>
> Now suppose my deg_sampler sometimes returns values greater than N-1, and if
> I don't want to generate a graph with multi-edges and self-loops, such values
> will be discarded. But suppose for first few vertices, drawn values were less
> than N (and hence are accepted) and the next value is greater than N-1. Now
> will all the values generated so far discarded or only the last value? I feel
> that discarding only the last value will create a bias if I want to sample
> degrees from a particular probability distribution. Could you please clarify
> this?

What the algorithm does is to sample the degrees for all vertices first,
and check if the final sequence is graphical. If it's not, then a random
node is selected, and its degree is re-sampled, and the test is done
again. This is repeated, until the sequence obtained is graphical.

Best,
Tiago

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <ti...@skewed.de>