Am 04.09.20 um 19:01 schrieb Snehal Shekatkar:
> Thanks Tiago for the reply. Here is a script for generating a random regular
> graph as an example:
>
> def generate_rrg(n, k):
>
>     g = gt.random_graph(n, deg_sampler = lambda : k, directed = False,
>         verbose = True, n_iter = 1000)
>
>     return g
>
> Since verbose is True, this prints what is happening. Now when I run
> generate_rrg(n = 10, k = 11), the following is printed and script never stops:
>
> adding vertices: 1 of 10 (10%)
>
> This is giving me impression that the algorithm is adding one vertex at a
> time. Since every time added vertex has degree 11 in this case, the algorithm
> is not moving ahead because that will lead to multi/self edges (if my
> interpretation is right). The verbose message looks difficult to explain
> using your description. Am I missing something obvious?
In the initial placement it does indeed test if each degree is below the
maximum possible before continuing. This a necessary but not sufficient
condition being able to build a graph. After the initial degrees have
been sampled, it proceeds as I had explained.

You're attempting to generate an impossible graph, so I don't understand
what you were expecting would happen.

Best,
Tiago

Tiago de Paula Peixoto <ti...@skewed.de>