On 23/04/08 16:13, Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann wrote:
Eric,

to create the .deb files you can use checkinstall. In the end of the
compiling process, instead of "make install" you do a "checkinstall"
and create the deb file (or rpm, or other).

Yes, that is an intermediate solution, but I'd rather see real .deb packages, i.e. with all the debian-related patches included in terms of paths and other issues.

It shouldn't be too hard since everything exists in the DebianGIS repository, it just takes a bit of time to do it...and I haven't found the time, yet.

Moritz

cheers

Carlos